Velkommen til den norske fiskeklubben i San Diego! (Welcome to the Norwegian Fish Club in San Diego.) Joining this club is by invitation only. This website is a reference tool for the members of the fish club. We eat fish, drink aquavit and maintain camaraderie with fellow members who have Norwegian ancestry or some kind of connection to Norwegian culture. We dine together one Friday evening per month except during the summer.
See the Announcements page for information about our announcements.
Schedule of Dinners for 2019
- January 11 — Sweater Night (Bjørn Svinterud tells us about the new tunnel from Bergen to Stavanger)
- February 8
- March 8 — Dr. Danny Keiller speaks about fine Mexican wines.
- April 12 — Erik Steigen of USA Media Rights speaks. Erik is also President of the Norwegian American Chamber of Commerce Los Angeles. USA Media Rights protects the royalties and copyrights of some of Hollywood’s most famous songwriters and performers. Read more about Erik here. Erik will talk about the activities of the Norwegian American Chamber of Commerce of Los Angeles.
- May 10 — Dean Nelson, PhD tells us how to ask better questions, get better answers, and interview anyone like a pro. Dr. Nelson is Director, Journalism Program, Point Loma Nazarene University. His most recent book is Talk to Me.
- September 13
- October 11
- November 8
- Formal dinner on December 13