Velkommen til den norske fiskeklubben i San Diego! (Welcome to the Norwegian Fish Club in San Diego.) Joining this club is by invitation only. This website is a reference tool for the members of the fish club. We eat fish, drink aquavit and maintain camaraderie with fellow members who have Norwegian ancestry or some kind of connection to Norwegian culture. We dine together one Friday evening per month except during the summer.
See the Announcements page for information about other announcements.
Note: A new announcement has been posted on the Announcements page regarding Phil Hinshaw’s Memorial Service.
Schedule of Dinners
- January 20 (Friday)
- February 17 (Friday) Carl Larsen talked about his cruise from Bergen to Montreal with stops in the Shetland Islands, Reykjavik, Greenland, L’Anse aux Meadows, and places on the St. Lawrence River.
- March 17 (Friday) Amy Buxrud, Director of the Norwegian American Historical Association in Northfield, MN, spoke. | Recording
- April 21 (Friday) Merriitt Lars Hougen explained how the Vikings navigated without satellites or instrumentation. He also explained how the speed can be calculated using Viking methods and also using the 3500 BC Sumerian phalangeal/sexagesimal system.
- May 19 (Friday) Carrie Lail Reichert spoke about the life of Edvard Munch.
- September 15 (Friday)
- October 20 (Friday) Anniversary Dinner
- November 17 (Friday) Election of Officers
- December 15 (Friday) Christmas Gala