Velkommen til den norske fiskeklubben i San Diego! (Welcome to the Norwegian Fish Club in San Diego.) Joining this club is by invitation only. This website is a reference tool for the members of the fish club. We eat fish, drink aquavit and maintain camaraderie with fellow members who have Norwegian ancestry or some kind of connection to Norwegian culture. We dine together one Friday evening per month except during the summer.
At the present time, we are having webinars instead of in-person fish dinners. We don’t know when the next dinner will take place.
See the Announcements page for information about our announcements.
Schedule of Dinners
- January 10
- Speaker was Hans Janzon, President of the Swedish American Chamber of Commerce in San Diego.
- Joining Hans was Henri Syvänen, President of the Finnish American Chamber of Commerce in San Diego.
- Hans and Henri spoke about Green Connections and Blue Tech Week as well as Nordic Innovations when it comes to the Environment.
- February 14 (Ladies Invited)
- March 13 (Norwegian Patty’s Day) — CANCELLED!
- Cancelled because of the coronavirus
- April 10 (Spring Theme) — CANCELLED!
- May 8 — CANCELLED!
- January 10
- September 11 RESCHEDULED TO SEPT. 18 WEBINAR
- September 18 WEBINAR — We learned about Bjarni Herjólfsson, who was the first European to see North America.
- October 23 WEBINAR — Consul General Jo Sletbak from San Francisco joined us and updated us on what is happening in Norway. | Recording
- November 13 WEBINAR — Skipper Jim Adams presented a talk on the Figgjo Porcelain Factory. | Slides | Recording
- December 11 WEBINAR — We will see a video about the E39. (Details about connecting to the meeting will be emailed prior to the meeting.)