Velkommen til den norske fiskeklubben i San Diego! (Welcome to the Norwegian Fish Club in San Diego.) Joining this club is by invitation only. This website is a reference tool for the members of the fish club. We eat fish, drink aquavit and maintain camaraderie with fellow members who have Norwegian ancestry or some kind of connection to Norwegian culture. We dine together one Friday evening per month except during the summer.
At the present time, we are having webinars instead of in-person fish dinners. We don’t know when the next dinner will take place.
See the Announcements page for information about our announcements.
Schedule of Dinners
- January 15 – WEBINAR We learned about the TaNo Trust run by Norwegian people for orphaned children in Tanzania. | Slides | General Info | How to Donate | Recording
- February 26 – WEBINAR – We learned about the Samis teaching Alaskans how to herd reindeer | Recording | Questions Asked | Sami Cultural Center Contact Info
- April 9 – WEBINAR – Fish Club member Bjorn Endresen taught us about the Norwegian Seed Bank in Svalbard | Slides | Recording
- May 7 – WEBINAR – Speaker will be announced at a later date
- Other dinners and webinars will be scheduled as the year goes along.