- January 12 (Wednesday)
from 4 PM to 7 PM PST. We start with Happy Hour from 4:00 to 4:45 then have a brief meeting. Dinner will be served at 5:00. Cost of dinner is $35. Menu details are on our MENU page. Cancelled!
- February 15 (Tuesday) from 4 PM to 7 PM PST. This is a ladies’ night. Bring your wife or your girl friend. Our speaker was Reverend Dr. Richard Vevia, Jr. He is a pastor of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and currently serves at Calvary Evangelical Lutheran Church of San Diego.
- March 15 (Tuesday) from 4 PM to 7 PM PDT. Skipper Jim Adams told us about some amazing archeological sites in Lebanon.
- April 12 (Tuesday) from 4 PM to 7 PM PDT. Frank Steensnæs spoke about the Norwegian shipping industry. He explained how such a small country plays a key role in the shipping business.
- May 17 (Tuesday) from 5 PM to 8 PM PDT. RC Allen spoke about Petersburg, Alaska. Ladies were invited!
- September 16 (Friday) from 6 PM to 8 PM PDT. Dinner was at Anthony’s Fish Grotto, 9530 Murray Dr., La Mesa, CA 91942. It was a buffet. This was a ladies’ night.
- October 7 (Friday) from 6 PM to 8 PM PDT. Dinner was at the Hall of Nations in Balboa Park.
- November 4 (Friday) from 6 PM to 8 PM PDT. Dinner was at the Hall of Nations in Balboa Park. Happy Hour started at 6:00, and dinner started at 7:00. Ladies were included.
- May 7 – WEBINAR – Helge Marstrander, Norwegian Deputy Consul in San Francisco, talked about the partnership between the Norwegian government and California. There was also a message about Constitution Day from the King. Partial Recording
- September 3 — CANCELLED! Plans for this dinner are postponed to October.
- October 26 — Due to changes at the Bay View Restaurant, we switched to TUESDAY nights and started at 4 PM so that we could leave by 7 PM. We had an open mike so that members could share briefly what they did during the COVID shutdown.
- November 16 We elected the Navigator and Purser. Election of the Skipper will take place in the new year. Frank Steensnæs gave a presentation about the life of Sigurd Jorsalfare, who was a King of Norway and who led a Norwegian Crusade.
- December 7 We were allowed to start at 5 PM and stay until 8 PM.
We had a wonderful gala dinner with the ladies present.
2020 (Including Webinars)
- January 10
- February 14 (Ladies Invited)
- September 18 WEBINAR — We learned about Bjarni Herjólfsson, who was the first European to see North America.
October 23 WEBINAR — Consul General Jo Sletbak from San Francisco joined us and updated us on what is happening in Norway. | Recording
November 13 WEBINAR — Skipper Jim Adams presented a talk on the Figgjo Porcelain Factory. | Slides | Recording | More about Figgjo
December 18 WEBINAR — We saw a video about the E39. | Recording | You Tube video that we watched
- January 11 — Sweater Night (Bjørn Svinterud told us about the new tunnel from Bergen to Stavanger)
- February 8
- March 8 — Dr. Danny Keiller spoke about fine Mexican wines.
- April 12 — Erik Steigen of USA Media Rights spoke. Erik was also President of the Norwegian American Chamber of Commerce Los Angeles. USA Media Rights protects the royalties and copyrights of some of Hollywood’s most famous songwriters and performers. Read more about Erik here. Erik talked about the activities of the Norwegian American Chamber of Commerce of Los Angeles.
- May 10 — Dean Nelson, PhD told us how to ask better questions, get better answers, and interview anyone like a pro. Dr. Nelson was Director, Journalism Program, Point Loma Nazarene University. He is author of Talk to Me.
- September 13
- October 11 – Carl Larsen talked about the National Nordic Museum in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle.
- November 8 – Frank Steensnæs talked about Niels Olsen (Cornelius Cruys), Grandfather of the Russian Navy
- Formal dinner on December 13